Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) Paid Leave expired effective December 31, 2020.
This page is for informational purposes only.
Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) Paid Leave
NMSU provides employees with Emergency Paid Sick Leave (EPSL) and Expanded Family and Medical Leave (EFMLA) in accordance with FFCRA for specified reasons related to COVID-19 effective April 1, 2020 through December 31, 2020. NMSU reserves the right to interpret, change, modify, amend, or rescind these guidelines in whole or in part at any time without the consent of employees.
- Please contact NMSU Benefit Services at 575-646-8000 or email@example.com with questions regarding Emergency Paid Sick Leave.
Procedure for Requesting Leave:
A) Inform your supervisor of your need for leave.
- Provide enough information to establish one of the qualifying reasons applies to the leave. FFCRA Guidelines.
- If intermittent leave is requested, your supervisor must agree to the intermittent or reduced schedule.
Benefit Services will review forms and documentation, determine eligibility, applicable leave hours and rate of pay. A Designation Notice will be sent to the employee and supervisor. The designation notice will include a paper timesheet or leave report, as needed.
Procedure for Reporting Leave:
*Non-exempt regular employees, students, temporary employees:
- Timesheets will not be available through my.nmsu.edu while employees are approved for EPSL or EFMLA.
- Submit the timesheet provided with the designation notice to firstname.lastname@example.org within 2 business days of the close of the pay period.
- Timesheets not received timely may result in delayed pay.
- Electronic signatures for employees and supervisors are accepted.
*Faculty, Exempt regular, contract employees:
- Follow regular procedure for reporting annual, sick, or other leave taken (i.e. monthly leave report).
- Submit the leave report provided with the designation notice to email@example.com within 2 business days of the close of the pay period.