A group critical illness plan helps prepare you for the added costs of battling a specific critical illness.
This benefit is available to eligible employees and their dependents. Eligible employees are considered regular status employees and non-regular term appointment employees working 30 hours or more per week. You must be under age 70 at the time of enrollment. Eligible dependents may include spouse, qualified domestic partner, children to age 26 (the end of the month in which age 26 is attained), and disabled children age 26 or older.
New eligible employees may enroll by completing and submitting the Aflac Enrollment Form within their first 31 days of employment. Enrollment forms must be signed and received by the 14th of the month to be effective the first of the following month.
There is a 30 day waiting period which begins the day after the enrollment form is signed and received by Benefit Services. Enrollment forms received more than 10 calendar days after the signature date will be returned to the employee as invalid. The employee will be required to submit a new enrollment form to elect coverage.
Late enrollment is available at any time, with approval from the carrier. Late enrollees must complete the Aflac Late Enrollment form (includes Evidence of Insurability questions) and send the completed form directly to Benefit Services. Approval or denial is usually provided by Aflac within 60 days. Coverage is effective the first of the month after approval by the carrier. Pre-existing limitations apply.
About the Plan
A lump sum benefit is payable upon initial diagnosis of a covered critical illness. Diagnosis obtained from a physician located outside the United States will not be covered. Note: Benefits are reduced by 50% upon reaching age 70. For assistance filing a claim, please contact Aflac directly.
Provider Aflac Group Insurance | Website: http://www.aflacgroupinsurance.com | ph: (800) 433-3036
Provider Plan Information/Handouts:
- Critical Illness Brochure
- Critical Illness- Participant Certificate | Additional Benefits Rider to Certificate
- Critical Illness Premium Rates
- Critical Illness Claim Form
- Critical Illness Wellness Claim Form
- Employee Coverage is either $10,000 or $20,000.
- Spouse/Domestic Partner Coverage is 50% of employee coverage, either $5,000 or $10,000. The employee must elect the minimum coverage to add a spouse/domestic partner.
- Eligible Dependent Child Coverage is 25% of the Employee Coverage. Children can remain covered until their 26th birthday; coverage as of the 26th birthday is available for children qualified as disabled.