|Retiree Forum Information from November 13, 2013:
View the presentation slides from the 11/13/13 Retiree Open Forum HERE and watch the recorded presentation HERE.
- Has at least 10 years (regular status with .5 FTE or more) continuous employment without a break in service prior to the date of retirement and receives an Educational Retirement Board (ERB) benefit immediately upon termination of employment.
- Is eligible for retirement under the ERB rules at the time of termination of employment. Those eligible under the NM Alternative Retirement Plan (ARP) must meet the ERB eligibility rules and begin drawing an ARP retirement annuity immediately upon termination of employment.
- An employee of the Cooperative Extension Service must be eligible for and receive federal retirement.
ERB Resources: Retirement Forms: Provider: BlueCross BlueShield | Website: http://www.bcbsnm.com/
Health Insurance Benefits Available to Retirees
Preferred Provider Organization
Medicare Carve Out Plan
Provider: BlueCross BlueShield | Website: http://www.bcbsnm.com/
The Insurance Committee is a sub-committee of NMSU Employee Council charged with investigating, evaluating, and making recommendations to Employee Council involving matters and policies affecting employee and retiree insurance.
Retiree Life Insurance Information
OtherBenefits/Discounts for Retirees
- 10% retiree discount at the NMSU Barnes and Noble bookstore. (Some exclusions apply)*
- Aggie Fit Membership*
- Discounted meal plans available. See ID Card Services Meal Plans
- Discounted rates available at the NMSU Golf Course* See Retiree Golf Discounts
- Discounted rates available for season ticket purchases for athletic events*
- Discounted Tennis Membership- Equivalent to Employee Discount
- NMSU Library privileges
- NMSU parking permit (fees may apply)
- Remission of tuition for:
- Retirees and Spouse of Retiree: Retirees and their spouses are eligible for tuition remission benefits. Please see the Educational Benefits page For Retiree & Spouse for more information.)
- Dependent Children of Retirees: Per Policy 7.05, dependent children, unmarried and under the age of 25, may receive a 50% reduction in tuition for NMSU courses up to 12 credit hours per semester. To utilize this benefit, a Certificate of Dependency must be submitted each semester/session.
- Retention of NMSU university e-mail address
- University retiree identification card.*
- For Emeritus Faculty:
- Office or work facilities for emeritus faculty only, if available, requested and approved. Contact your department for more details
- Attend Faculty Senate as Visitor
*The noted benefits are available to spouses and surviving spouses of retirees.
NMSU Policy reference: 7.26 Retirement, Educational