An employee will be considered eligible for certain retirement benefits if the following criteria are met:
- Has at least 10 years (regular status with .5FTE or more) continuous employment without a break in service prior to the date of retirement and receives an Educational Retirement Board (ERB) benefit immediately upon termination of employment.
- Is eligible for retirement under the ERB rules at the time of termination of employment. Those eligible under the NM Alternative Retirement Plan (ARP) must meet the ERB eligibility rules and begin drawing an ARP retirement annuity immediately upon termination of employment.
- An employee of the Cooperative Extension Service must be eligible for and receive federal retirement.
Health Benefit Plans
- Retiree Benefits Summary
- Presentation slides from Retiree Open Forum 11/13/13
- Recorded presentation from Open Forum 11/13/13
Provider: BlueCross BlueShield
Preferred Provider Organization
Medicare Carve Out Plan
2014 Information- effective January 1, 2014
Retiree Life Insurance Information
Other Benefits/Discounts for Retirees
- 10% retiree discount at the NMSU Barnes and Noble bookstore. (Excludes computer products, sale items, and special order items)*
- Aggie Fit Membership*
- Discounted rates available at the NMSU Golf Course* See Retiree Golf Discounts
- Discounted rates available for season ticket purchases for athletic events*
- Eligibility to attend Faculty Senate as a visitor.
- Free or discounted admission to various Music Department concerts (NMSU Theatre Discount), plays, Natatorium, Activity Center and Tennis Center*
- NMSU Library privileges
- NMSU parking permit (fees may apply)
- Office or work facilities for emeritus faculty only, if available, requested and approved. Contact your department for more details.
- Remission of tuition for:
- Retirees and Spouse of Retiree: Retirees and their spouses are eligible for tuition remission benefits. Please see the Educational Benefits page For Retiree & Spouse for more information.)
- Dependent Children of Retirees: Per HR Policy 7.05, dependent children, unmarried and under the age of 25, may receive a 50% reduction in tuition for NMSU courses up to 12 credit hours per semester. To utilize this benefit, a Certificate of Dependency must be submitted each semester/session.
- Retention of NMSU university e-mail address
- Retirees receive general university publications *
- University retiree identification card.*
*The noted benefits are available to spouses and surviving spouses of retirees.
NMSU Policy reference: 7.26 Retirement, Educational